Love to Research?

My love for genealogy research led me to my new love, Court Research !
I want to share this opportunity with other moms out there so they can contribute to the family income and still spend quality time with their families. If you need to work, why not get paid to do work you love !


Friday, April 1, 2011

About the Courts

I personally have never encountered a difficult court. Some clerks however, are too busy to give you a tender smile let alone assistance. But i found that an occasional plate of cookies and a warm smile every time I arrive has done wonders :D Some Land Record Offices (aka Recorder's Office) do have limited terminal use. The best work around for that is to ask what time is the best to arrive - when the terminals are not so busy. I find first thing in the morning until about 10 or 11 am (when the title researchers start arriving), then around lunch time and then near closing are the best for my courts. But ask your clerk and explain that you wish to minimize your visit's impact.

As far as pay scales, they are about the same all around. One company may pay a little more for one type of document search but then pay less for another type. It's a pretty competitive market between research teams. I personally have found it best to go with the company that had more to offer me in my counties. I prefer having one 1099 form at the end of the year, one set of due dates and that's why I work for one company, Wolfgang Research. From my personal experience, they have been able to offer me more types of court research than the other companies. More is always better :D

No comments:

Post a Comment